2.12.14

The wedding

Happy December!  I hope all you ladies had a great Thanksgiving.  We had about 12 inches of snow the day before Thanksgiving.  The girls were so excited to be able to go sledding and to make snow men.



Aurora was out for about five minutes then came back in tears because she didn't like getting wet.  Bella spent another hour building snowmen...that girl is a true New Englander.  Aurora...not so much.


The next day we drove to Boston to be with family and enjoyed a very international Thanksgiving meal.  I forgot to take pictures but it was the most delicious Burmese food/ Chinese food/ Indian and your traditional turkey and stuffing.  The day after Thanksgiving was my best friend, Jess's wedding and it was Thanksgiving food 2.0.  I have to tell you I cried like a baby when she walked down the aisle.  She looked absolutely beautiful and the wedding was elegant and simple and intimate.  They got married in this cute little barn in Connecticut.  It was truly a wonderful night.  Jess and I have been friends since freshmen year of college.  I remembered sitting at the cafeteria eating lunch and she just walked up to me and said, "You and I should be friends." She has always been there for me through life's ups and downs and I for her.  I used to think soul mates were about men and falling in love with this idea of knight in shinning armor but I realized soul mates were people who see us for who we really are and accept us and love us no matter what.  I am so lucky to have Jess as one of my soul mates.


Here is the beautiful bride and groom.  I took the pictures with my phone and they all came out dark.  : /


I ordered a dress for the wedding then when I got it, it fitted all wrong.  Like a girl that I am, I literally went through my whole closet trying to find something to wear an hour before the wedding.  I ended up wearing a tuxedo jumpsuit and a blazer.  I thought Jess would appreciate my vintage cocktail hat.


So wonderful to be reunited with all of my college friends.


Here is my lovely date and I.


 The girls were flower girls and let me tell you, they did not stop dancing until the end of the night.



What a magical night that was.


Love,
Victoria

12 comments:

  1. The snow photos are so magical! The wedding is beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous evening and ever so lovely wedding!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria,
    Thank you for sharing your magical photos. Love the snow scenes and the one of your daughter. Jess's Wedding event looks like a beautifully enjoyed day. Sometimes serendipity plays out with friendships that truly become our soul mates. You and Jess are very blessed to have each other. Your last moment change in outfits worked out, stunning!
    xx,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wedding and you Victoria are so stunningly beautiful!!! Your girls are too:) I'm glad you had fun and were able to share your best friends special day:) I am blessed that my best friend in the whole world is my stepsister, I can't imagine life without her in it! Thank you for sharing and enjoy the snow...although I can totally relate to little Aurora:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving a fun at your friends wedding. Friends are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and how beautiful the wedding was. Victoria you look gorgeous and the girls so cute. What a great friend you have. Love the story of how you met at College. Too fun.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Victoria
    You and your date ....what a wonderful photo, love your head piece so vintage with a modern twist.
    Your daughter looks so pouty cute here in the snow :)

    The wedding looks like the place to be.
    Love all you have inspired.

    See you soon, and the beauty you create and the photos you share.
    XX

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have great style! Your daughters are so adorable in their little dresses. Rustic-themed weddings are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looked magical and the girls are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about this post just makes me smile, Victoria. It looks like the wedding and spending time with your friends was fabulous. You all looked beautiful, and your girls are dolls (I seem to say that to you a lot, haha.) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Already, you've had more snow at your house than we have here in the CO mountains! I love it when you share pics of your daughters - so sweet!

    And Jess! What a beautiful bride! It looks like it was truly a magical wedding. :)
    xoxo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Victoria,
    Thanks for stopping by and watching my Gyspy Ballet yesterday! Have fun with your girls decorating your beautiful home for Christmas. If you do create a theatre for your daughters I hope you share tons of photos of it. We all love to view the beauty you create.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete