19.8.14

New project and Hometalk

Are you feeling the summer slipping away??  I do.  I am loving the cooler mornings and nights.  The girls are so ready to start school.  My baby Bella is going to be a kindergartner.  My tiny Aurora is going to preschool.  We are done with back to school shopping.  Now we all have identical clothes.  They are not very happy with me.  They love anything bling bling and pink.  I am all lets be all menswear inspired chic.  Oh, girls problems.  I have a lot of exciting new changes coming from Trois Petites Filles.  I am thinking of switching from blogspot to my own website... a new online shop to go with the website and etsy shop...I might just be a bit overambitious here but what else is news.  So my next project.  This one is going to be the very piece that will go on sale on my new online shop.  I want it to be very me.





I got this tete-a-tete a while ago and they have been sitting in my hoarding room AKA a room filled with chairs.  If you know me, you know I can't just leave things alone as they are.  I want this piece to feel like a piece of art that you can actually sit on and enjoy your morning cup of coffee.  Here are a few of my inspirations.

Source

This beautiful settee is what sparked it all.  I was blown away by the shape of the settee and also the fabric.  I mean look at that sketch on the upholstery.  It is the kind of piece that demand attention.  This brings us to my next inspiration.


Source

You all know my obsession with daybeds.  It only makes sense that I would turn this tete-a-tete into a daybed.  Not only for its comfort but I need the larger space to use as my canvas.  So I am going to be building a middle section that will fit in between the two chairs.  The chairs will be facing each other like the picture.  Instead of the ottoman, here is what I am thinking.


Source


Source

The middle section will be a chair of its own.  I am going to build a completely upholstered chair with a curve back that will flow seamlessly between the two tete-a-tete.  Did I lose you?  I know.  I am a bit crazy.  Now here is the most exciting part about the chairs.  Since I was first introduced to sculpting and art, I have been crazy about Michelangelo and Sistine chapel ceiling.  My most favorite part of the ceiling is the creation of Adam.


I love this sketch.  I don't know if this is possible but this is what I am thinking.  All three pieces are going to get upholstered in a thick canvas.  I am going to print this sketch onto the canvas and somehow make it flow from one chair to another.  What do you think??  Do I even make any sense?  Probably not.  Anyway, this is what keeping me up at night.  On the less crazier note, we are still loving our daybed.  The girls are constantly fighting over it.  Here is Aurora.


Just in case you might be interested in building your very own daybed, I put together a Hometalk "DIY Daybeds" board.  Are you on Hometalk?  I love it so much!  I am always blown away by amazing home and garden projects on there.


Hope you are enjoying the last days of summer!  We are so ready for Halloween!  We kind of do it big here.  : )


Love,
Victoria

9 comments:

  1. I just know you're going to accomplish your dreams, Victoria! All of your bundled up creativity and talent is going to take you places you probably can't even imagine right now. It's exciting to be part of your ride!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, your are incredibly creative! I can't wait to see this new creation. You have more creative energy than anyone I know. Best wishes for much success with your ETSY and online shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria, what a place to be when one cannot sleep !
    I am taking in all your inspiration here, love the fact that your line choices are of natural tones, this will make for a beautiful mix in anyone's home, will see you real soon

    Xx
    Pré

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting about your upcoming shops! I think it's a great idea and know you will do so well with it:) Your daybed idea sounds amazing...it would totally overwhelm me but you can do it!!!

    Your little princess looks so comfy in that pic, no wonder they fight over that spot. I've never heard of Home Talk before but will definitely check it out. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely "get" what you're talking about, Victoria. It's pure art.
    xoxo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think it will be amazing! I have a pair of tete a tetes, but they have been sold, and right now I am just giving them a metallic finish. I can totally picture what you are saying~!! Aurora looks adorable on the settee~what a darling imp. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see it in my head, I can't wait to see it in person and of course all the steps to get it there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the way the daybed turned out. Such wonderful design ideas, Victoria! It's so exciting. And best wishes to the girls who will be starting school soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. خدمات تنظيف شاملة في الرائع السعودي نعرضها لكم بافضل الاسعار علي الاطلاق احصلوا الان علي تلك الخدمة مقابل اقل الاسعار وفي اقل وقت ممكن

    افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركات تنظيف بالرياض شركات تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف واجهات شركة تنظيف واجهات
    شركات تنظيف واجهات بالرياض شركات تنظيف واجهات بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض شركة تنظيف مساجد بالرياض
    تنظيف مساجد تنظيف مساجد

    ReplyDelete